In our fast-paced world, where work demands sometimes push us to our limits, work-related injuries can unfortunately become a reality. Accidents can happen whether you’re working in an office, a factory, a construction site, or any other setting. Trinity Health Urgent Care is here to provide you with the compassionate care you need when faced with work-related injuries, ensuring your well-being and swift recovery. Learn about these potential work-related injuries to help you recognize when it’s time to seek medical attention at Trinity Health Urgent Care.
Abrasions and Lacerations
Accidental slips, trips, and falls can lead to abrasions (scrapes) and lacerations (cuts). These injuries are common in workplaces where machinery, tools, or sharp objects are involved. Potential concerns from lacerations include pain, bleeding, and possible infection if they are not treated promptly. For cuts requiring stitches or abrasions with particles stuck in the wound, visit our urgent care for treatment.
Industries dealing with chemicals, hot surfaces, or open flames pose a risk of burn injuries. Burns can range from minor to severe, causing pain and blistering. Soaking the burn in cool water and taking over-the-counter pain medication can help to soothe pain and irritation. You can also visit our urgent care for treatment of first- or second-degree burns.
Falling from heights or on the same level is a leading cause of workplace injuries. Depending on the severity, falls can lead to sprains, fractures, or head injuries, with symptoms ranging from pain and swelling to dizziness and confusion. If you have suffered a fall leading to a minor fracture or a concussion, stop by our urgent care for treatment as soon as possible.
Repetitive Motion Injuries
Over time, performing repetitive motions can lead to conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, and bursitis. These injuries result in pain, swelling, and limited range of motion. While rest and over-the-counter medicines can help with repetitive injuries, pay attention to pain that doesn’t resolve after a few days or difficulty moving the affected area. If you notice these symptoms or if discomfort from muscle strains and repetitive motion injuries affect your daily life, Trinity Health Urgent Care can help!
When to Seek Emergency Medical Care for Work-Related Injuries
While minor injuries may be manageable with basic first aid or an urgent care visit, certain situations call for emergency treatment. If you or someone else is experiencing the following medical concerns, contact emergency care as soon as possible.
- Deep Cuts With Excessive Bleeding: Many urgent care clinics are equipped to provide stitches. However, if a cut or abrasion is bleeding profusely and doesn’t stop with pressure, it’s time to seek medical attention. You should also visit an ER if the laceration is on the face or deep enough to see bone, muscle, or fatty tissue.
- Severe Burns: If you have suffered second-degree burns, an urgent care can help provide the treatment you need. But in the case of third- or fourth-degree burns, deep burns, or burns to the face or genitals, seek immediate emergency care.
- Foreign Objects in the Eye: If you have particles of metal or glass in your eye, visit the emergency room as soon as possible to remove them. Don’t rub your eye or attempt to remove the object on your own. Seek immediate care to prevent further damage.
- Severe Breaks or Fractures: While an urgent care can help with minor breaks or fractures, a compound fracture or potential broken bones in the neck or back require emergency care.
- Loss of Consciousness: Urgent care clinics can help with concussions from falls or head injuries. However, a loss of consciousness requires immediate emergency attention to rule out serious complications.
Trinity Health Urgent Care: Your Partner in Recovery
At Trinity Health Urgent Care, we understand the urgency of work-related injuries and their potential impact on your well-being. Our dedicated team of healthcare professionals is committed to providing prompt, compassionate care. While walk-ins are welcome, you can minimize your wait time by checking in online at any of our six urgent care locations. Remember, for especially severe or potentially life-threatening injuries—such as severe burns, head injuries, or fractures—seek care at an emergency room.
Your health and well-being are our top priorities. When faced with non-life-threatening work-related injuries, trust Trinity Health Urgent Care to provide the fast and effective treatment you need. Your journey to recovery starts with us!